Charlotte is here! Hi Charlotte!
Or so I’ve been told.
In a recent discussion about the NM law that allows illegals to get a state issued I.D. card or driver’s license, I told that person that they are criminals and deserve no such special treatment and when they show up for a D.L. they should be arrested and sent for deportation. To add insult to injury, I also informed this person that the illegal should not be arrested until he filled out the needed forms so that I.C.E. could use that info to arrest the person’s family and living companions. That’s about the time I was informed that I was a horrible person and to call myself a Christian was a lie.
Now I’ve never met this person before, never talked to him prior to lunch yesterday and yet this person automatically assumed I was a Christian. I asked him how he could tell I was a Christian and he told me I had the look. I was very pleased to hear this. I then told him that the Bible had no such directive telling me that I needed to accept people flaunting this country’s laws and that even the charitable statements of the Bible didn’t say that I had to invite the criminals to my country to help them, I was just to help. I further told him that the Bible was the basis of all laws and was expanded upon by the governments as needed and keeping free-loading scum from other nations out of our country was definitely a justified addition to our legal system.
At that point I apologized for offending him while discussing his Mexican relatives, and he proudly proclaimed that he was not Mexican but he was descended from the original Spanish settlers of this area. “Oh, you’re white too then.”, I replied. He about spit out his lunch at that point. “I am HISPANIC and proud of it!” was his answer. I then told him he can’t have it both ways, you’re either Spanish or Hispanic. Spain is a European country and being from Europe makes you white, at least that’s what I’ve been told by most people of color that I’ve had this discussion with. He was less than amused, while I was quite amused.
Some people just can’t have fun while talking immigration, religion and race. Luckily for me, I am not one of them. It was a very good lunch. Michael, you should have been there, you would have hated it.
I want to watch a show that is scheduled for 6 P.M. and listed for 6 P.M. but is not on at 6 P.M. because some stupid freaking tennis match ran long. I pay for my TV service, it’s not like I’m watching TV off the air for free, so I expect to see what is listed on the time frame I want to watch. No, I have to see these overpaid sissies throw temper tantrums over a stupid ball that my dogs won’t even play with.
Just for the record, I hate when the same thing happens with football, baseball, soccer, and any other pseudo-sporting type of crap. If you can’t keep the stupid game in the allotted time you were scheduled then the mindless fans will just have to watch your silly little game results on the news.
Looks like we’re gonna be a Blue Rhino distributor soon. They are the propane bottle exchange company. We’ve been trying to get this in place for years. Trade show contacts never panned out. Phone calls to the corporate headquarters never panned out. Finally talked to a route driver and he gave me a number to call. Hey, it worked, we’re getting a bottle exchange facility here. Should be up and running by the end of the month.
Well, Erin and I had a good time this week. Burger King on Wednesday and The SF Children’s Museum on Thursday. We had a great couple of days and I’m looking forward to her return on Sunday. Next week is different, she leaves on Friday and returns on Monday. Tori and Josh are going to Denver for some stupid football game. Come on Tori, they broadcast that junk on TV now and you don’t have to travel or sit with dirty Denver peoples. Silly Tori.
Played poker last night. I started out great but ended up losing $10. It was a nice game but since I’m sick I was less fun than normal for me. I doubt I’m contagious. (That was for all the anal people that thought I should have stayed home.) I play twice a month with a group of guys, one of which is an easy mark.
Erin got me sick by the way. Rotten kid! Tori got her sick. Nina got Tori sick. Rotten females conspired to make me sick, I just know it.
Erin and I went to the Santa Fe Children’s Museum today. Erin had a blast running around with the other kids and I enjoyed talking to the parents.
She ran from exhibit to exhibit like crazy. Sensory overload.
While the museum was not really my cup of tea, it’s really about Erin and what she loves to do. I like taking her to places where there are other kids for her to interact with. The place is smaller than I thought it would be, but the outside areas made up for the inside tininess.
The staff is very attentive to the children, which is a good thing I guess. Erin was not very attentive to the staff.
- Just found out the the primary caregiver for Erin in Dilia just had an operation that makes her carrying Erin impossible for quite some time. She had the same operation that Nina had and breezed through recovery, the rotator cuff was repaired. We come from good stock, pity she’s such a weak unit.
- Erin, as of late, comes back from Dilia in a real pissy mood, but since we refuse to allow her to dominate our actions toward her, it passes fairly quickly. I’m thinking it’s something she’s told to do. I hope not because we go out of our way not to talk negatively about them in front of her.
- I really hate the new computer setup ritual. All the migration assistants seem to miss something or another, every single time. None of my passwords transferred this time.
- I’ve had some ask, OK one person, that I allow political discussion here. I really don’t care what you talk about here. This is here for my own amusement and spirited discussions usually amuse me. I will not be responsible of anyone’s words but my own and posts containing profanity.
- I’m seeing less hummingbirds lately and that makes me wonder about an early fall & winter. DAMN you global warming!
- It appears that none of my friends are joining us in San Francisco this month. Too bad. We are now discussing whether we will change our plans now or just go anyway. We’re still heading out this month.
- We’re coming up to our 29th wedding anniversary this month. Next week even! Let’s all remember 9/11 in a positive way and remember our anniversary rather than that other thing.
My old blog will remain until the Apple peoples finally poof it. I will no longer post to that blog.
Well I finally have a permanent home for my blog. I started one on the family site, ran another on the Apple servers and now I have this. Next year the blog on the Apple servers will just disappear, so I bought this space and I know it will be here for many years.
I’ve played with a WordPress blog before, but that was not mine and the guy I did it for needed simple, very simple. I have no such needs. If it’s hard I’ll figure it out and make it work. You should be able to post things of your own here as it sits now, if you join the site.
Pictures in posts are also possible. Hey Kim, keep them clean! (JK) I hope that you enjoy this as much as you appear to have enjoyed the one on the Apple servers.